Making money in Clash of Clans isn’t difficult. Gold mines are great for making money at the start, but over time you realise that they just aren’t making enough. That’s when you’ll need to turn to raiding for gold. And this guide shows you how to do it!
PREPARING FOR YOUR FIRST RAID
• Lose your trophies till you’re in the 0 to 400 trophy range
• Train 30 wallbreakers, the rest goblins
• Always have minimum 40 goblins and 5 wallbreakers for each raid
• Queue goblins in your barracks before raiding
A lot of players are hiding in that 0 to 400 trophy range, and if you want to raid successfully without spending too much time training troops, then this trophy range is ideal. In this trophy range you’ll also encounter more players with level 1 or 2 walls that are trying to save money for upgrades. Trophies can come later after you’ve beefed up your village with all the money you’ve made following this guide.
Wallbreakers take a long time to train, having 30 of them before you start raiding means you’ll have enough to raid continuously for awhile. It also means that you’ll be able to take on the higher levelled players who have more walls.
40 goblins and 5 wallbreakers ensures you’ll be able to hit targets with 40k gold.
Always queue goblins in your barracks before raiding, while you’re raiding, your barracks will still be training goblins and you’ll be able to raid almost continuously.
• Mortars are pesky, send goblins in smaller batches. Each batch immediately after the mortar strikes.
• When spawn point is close to a wall, if it’s a level 1 or 2 wall, send a batch of 10 to 15 goblins and they’ll smash straight through
• If it’s a level 3 or above wall, or if there are two mortars in range of that wall section, use wall breakers instead
• Always send one goblin ahead first, don’t want to lose a bunch of them to a spring trap
• A bunch of 10 to 15 goblins can drain a gold storage in seconds
• A decent raid will give you at least a ratio of 1goblin:1k gold
• Clans are useful
Mortars are pesky, they’ll be able to take out your goblins really fast, weakening them for other towers to pick off. Send your goblins in smaller batches, if you can time it right, start dropping goblins just as the mortar shell is about to hit your first batch of goblins. The second batch will reach the resource building right after the mortar strike.
When the spawn point is close to a wall and it’s a level 1 or 2 wall, don’t waste your wallbreakers, send a bunch of 10 to 15 goblins, they’ll smash right through. You can also do this if there aren’t any defensive towers in range of that section of wall.
Now if the wall is level 3 or above, or if there are two mortars in range of that section of wall, DON’T be cheap, send wallbreakers instead.
Always send one goblin ahead first, spring traps can make you lose a lot of goblins very fast. Less goblins = less raids = less money. I hate spring traps.
A bunch of 10 to 15 goblins can drain a gold storage in seconds, but if there’s a wizard tower nearby, send about 20 goblins.
How would you know if it was a good raid or a bad one? Good raids give you more than
1 goblin:1k gold.
If you need to distract defensive towers or if there’s a clan castle with troops, use your clan troops to help while your goblins take their gold.